Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the ongoing process of ranking your website on the first page of search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.) You can probably find many more reasons why SEO is good for your website.
Here are the top 5 benefits of SEO:
1. Grow Your Client Base – Top positions on the search engines’ result pages receive a majority of the impressions and clicks, so ranking in these top positions can result in a significant traffic increase for your website.
2. Measurable Return On Investment (ROI) – SEO provides trackable and quantifiable results. SEO agencies are able to track nearly every aspect of their strategy, like increases in rankings, traffic and conversions. Comprehensive analytics also provide the ability to drill down at a granular level and see demographic information and other engagement metrics for individuals who have interacted with your website.
3. Cost Effectiveness – SEO is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies because it targets users who are actively looking for your products and services online. SEO’s inbound nature helps businesses save money as opposed to outbound strategies like printed ads.
4. Increased Website Usability – SEO consists of rearranging the site’s architecture and links to make pages within the website easier to find and navigate. This not only makes it easier for search engines to crawl your site and find pages, but also makes it easier for users to find information on your website as well.
5. Increase Brand Awareness – Since top position rankings result in significant impressions, having your website in these top positions on the result pages translates to more exposure for your website. Plus, being on the first page for your targeted keywords not only helps users to associate your brand with those keywords, but it instills trust, since companies on the first page are generally perceived to be more trustworthy. The more your pages and content rank in high positions in the search engines, the more chances you have for users to see your content and associate with your brand.
Can you see why it’s crucial that your website is on the first page of all search engines? See how we can help you get there: SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION